Bank examinations are conducted from time to time to select interested candidates in different banking jobs across the country. If you have decided to take a banking examination, then it is likely that you will be surrounded by many questions, doubts and concerns. The ambitious candidate who wants to join the banking sector as his career option has to work hard through competitive examinations conducted by the concerned recruitment authority. Who wouldn’t want a job at a reputed bank known for its brand value and services? In a country where there are mainly young people in the population, there is a great demand for banking jobs in public and private sectors. The question is how to prepare such exams easily? Candidates preparing for these examinations should be fully focused on their preparation strategy for banking exams, because the level of exam each year is getting tougher. Keep in mind that these exams are different from the school or university exams. Therefore, you should show utmost sincerity towards your goal. While many candidates like to be involved in a coaching institute for exam preparation, many people prepare for examinations from their homes.
Understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus thoroughly before preparing for the papers included in the syllabus of the banking examination gives a clear idea of what to expect in the examination and asses the valuation of certain questions and problems initially.
When it comes to self-study it is important to make proper division of your daily preparation time. For this there is a need to make a time-table for regular studies. Give proper emphasis to the paper you are weak in and should make proper time division accordingly by giving more time to that paper, to prepare yourselves better in the particular paper, as you need to score cut off marks in each of the papers to move forward in the recruitment process.
Below are some tips for the aspirants who are going to attempt the upcoming Bank examination:
- Online resources like mock tests, blogs, articles, quizzes, sample papers and previous year questions, e-study material available in the online media for the interested candidates. The candidates can derive idea of the questions and solve related questions by undergoing competitive books written by industry professionals. To evaluate your ability to solve and performance, the best way is taking Mock Tests conducted by coaching institutes for competitive exams. A Mock test is an examination which serves practice for future exams. Regular practice would sharpen your skills in solving the questions related to Reasoning and QA. The best part of Mock test is that it prompts you to gradually increase your problem solving speed.
- As the time plays an important role in the examination. So if you are undergoing rigorous preparation and are studying hard for the banking examination, need to understand the importance of time in your success. Practicing the papers with a stopwatch and noticing the the time taken to solve certain number of questions in certain paper helps you to solve the questions in better time limits. This can help immensely and give you confidence when you undergo the actual examination.
- Avoid distractions around yourself. Bank exams demand one-pointed attention when it comes to practice. Group study with your friends for preparation of exams would help you gain new insights or techniques to solve the problems quickly. However, being uncomfortable with group study, you may practice alone and meet your friends once in a week for guidance.
- There are questions in papers like quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning in the competitive banking examination, which requires certain tricks, methods and strategies. Solving questions by learning these tips and tricks can take down the time taken immensely to solve certain questions, and give an edge to you to solve all the questions in the paper in limited time duration. These tricks could be found through various competitive and examination related books and online sources.
- When it comes to your question paper set, try to solve easier questions first and mark the tough ones. Once you are done with the easy ones, start at once the marked ones. And most important, never ever get hooked up to one single question. It is a huge risk. If you are not able to solve it in one minute, leave for the next.
By undergoing certain suggestions, candidates can prepare themselves well by self study. These are general tips anyone can follow. It is best to follow what suits you.